Looking for a great art, science, or social studies project?
Encourage your students to create an entry for the Children’s Map Competition!
- DOWNLOAD the poster to advertise the competition—with the theme “A Map of My Future World”—at your school.
- ANNOUNCE the deadline—prior to April 10, 2021—for entries from individual students or teams of up to three students in the same age group.
- ORGANIZE the student entries by age category—under 6 years of age, ages 6 through 8 years, ages 9 through 12 years, and ages 13 through 15 years—based on the child’s age as of January 1, 2021.
- SCHEDULE a classroom or after school activity for students to work on their map entries (see the Rules and Judging page for details).
- COMPLETE an entry form for each entry.
- ATTACH the completed entry form to the back of each entry.
- COLLECT permission slips from each student’s parent or legal guardian for each entry.
- REMEMBER to scan or photograph the entries for your records. They will not be returned after the U.S. Children’s Map Competition.
- MAIL your school’s entries—with entry forms attached and permission slips—in one package to the address below.
Dierdre Bevington-Attardi, Coordinator
U.S. Children’s Map Competition
P.O. Box 4339
Silver Spring, MD 20914
- ASSURE that your package is postmarked no later than April 10 to reach us in time for the April 15, 2021, deadline.
- WATCH this web page for the announcement of U.S. national finalists in July 2021.
- CONTACT Dierdre Bevington-Attardi (U.S. National Competition Coordinator) at Dbevington.firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.