Whether or not the 2021 ICC is held in person, the USNC is offering funds to help American and international scholars at U.S. institutions participate in ICC 2021. Support is available for early career scholars (graduate students and those completing their Ph.D. in the last 5 years) and non-early career scholars.
- March 19, 2021: Submission of full papers for Advances of the ICA and International Journal of Cartography (see https://www.icc2021.net/submission-guidelines/)
- May 28, 2021: Submission of abstracts for ICC 2021 Proceedings of the ICA and Abstracts of the ICA (see https://www.icc2021.net/submission-guidelines/)
- May 28, 2021: Submission to the USNC Chair of requests for USNC Travel Funding; same as the date for the submission of ICC abstracts (see https://cartogis.org/usnc-ica/)
- July 2, 2021: Notification of acceptance of full papers and abstracts
- July 9, 2021: Notification of decisions about USNC Travel Funding
- July 30, 2021: Submission of final manuscripts for full papers
Support is based on a competitive evaluation of the submitted materials. Submissions must include a copy of the abstract that is submitted for the ICC and a short curriculum vitae. The number of scholars supported and the amount of support is contingent upon available funds. Preference is given to early career scholars (graduate students and those completing their Ph.D. in the last 5 years). Of these, single-authored abstracts will be given preference. Support for non-early career scholars is also available; CaGIS membership is required.
Funding is contingent upon acceptance of abstracts by the ICC organizing committee. Notification of USNC funding is therefore made after the abstract acceptance for the ICC has been announced.
To apply, submit a copy of your ICC abstract and a one-page vitae clearly indicating your career status (early career scholar or not) by noting the date and type of last degree you earned. For non-early career scholars, please assure that you have a current CaGIS membership. Include the ICC abstract and short vitae, in that order, in a single PDF or Word document titled “Lastname ICC Abstract.pdf” (or .doc or .docx), where “Lastname” is the last name of the first author. Only one abstract per author will be considered, including co-authorship. Please send the abstract/vitae document to Aileen Buckley, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair of the USNC-ICA. The deadline is the same as when abstracts must bed submitted to participate in ICC – May 28, 2021.