The Cartography and Geographic Information Society (CaGIS) invites applications from students currently pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree to be a Student Assistant at AutoCarto 2022 (November 2–4, 2022). Students whose applications are accepted will receive complimentary registration to AutoCarto 2022 and a stipend of $750. Student assistants will participate in activities to support the conference on site. Student assistants must have submitted an extended abstract in accordance with the AutoCarto 2022 submission guidelines. Note that applicants must be a CaGIS member and that a statement of support from a faculty or academic staff member who speaks to their qualifications.
- Jul 1 — Student Assistant applications due
- TBA – Student Assistant decisions sent out
Guidelines for Applications
- Download and complete the application form.
- Provide a recent (unofficial) transcript.
- Prepare a one-page curriculum vitae.
- Write a one-paragraph (250 word) statement describing your existing and potential contributions to Cartography and/or GIScience and how your work relates to the mission of CaGIS.
- Provide a statement of support from a faculty or academic staff member who can speak to their qualifications.
- Email all required materials in a single .zip file to Dr. Amy Rock, CaGIS Student Assistants Committee Chair, at Amy.Rock@humboldt.edu.
Only students who have also submitted an extended abstract in accordance with the AutoCarto 2022 submission guidelines and plan to attend in person will be accepted for this award.