CaGIS is pleased to announce the call for submissions of extended abstracts and proposals for pre-conference workshops AutoCarto 2020. The 2020 symposium will take place on the Esri campus in Redlands, CA, May 20-22, 2019. Workshops will take place on May 19. See submission requirements below for details.
The theme of AutoCarto 2020 is WhereNext. We welcome submissions of extended abstracts for research presentations and workshop proposals with a topical or technical emphasis related to WhereNext. We are not only looking at where we are and where to go next, but we challenge the ideas of where and next in terms of meaning, communication, visualization, and reasoning in the new age of automation, robotic revolution, and artificial intelligence (AI).
Cartography and Geographic Information Science (the journal of CaGIS) plans to publish a special issue (or a special section) following the conference. Authors who would like to submit a full manuscript to the CaGIS journal can indicate their interest in their extended abstract. The conference program committee will consider all submissions and select for publication those abstracts most likely to be accepted as manuscripts for the journal. Due dates for the full manuscripts will be announced after the conference. Student assistantships of $750 are available on a competitive basis.
The call for posters will be announced later.
Requirements for extended abstracts
- Submit extended abstracts via EasyChair.
- Include title, authors, affiliations, and the email for the corresponding author.
- Include no more than 1,500 words of research description with clear statements on objectives and novelty.
- We welcome completed research projects, work in progress, or visionary works that probe new directions in cartography and GIScience.
- All abstracts must follow the styles and formats required by the CaGIS journal. A template in (.doc) format and guidelines in (PDF) format are provided for your convenience.
- We will notify authors of selected abstracts and a due date for conference registration.
- Authors must register the conference before we publicly announce the selection.
Requirements for pre-conference workshop proposals
Workshops may last from 90 minutes to a full day.
- Submit workshop proposals to the program committee chair, May Yuan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include workshop title, organizers, affiliations, and email addresses for all organizers.
- Include the duration of the workshops (e.g., 90 minutes, half-day, full day, etc.)
- Include one to two paragraphs on the workshop topic, background, objectives, and expectations.
- Include the plan and technical requirements for the workshop (e.g., schedule, format, Internet, computers, expected number of attendees, etc.)
Workshop proposals due: December 1, 2019.
Workshop decisions: December 10, 2019
Extended abstracts due: January 10, 2020
Extended abstracts decisions: February 10, 2020